Kale & Sweet Plantain Salad with Lemon Turmeric Vinaigrette
Kale & Sweet Plantain Salad with Lemon Turmeric VinaigretteCourse: Salads
1 bunch of fresh Kale, coarsely chopped
½ cup, diced red onion
1 cup, diced tomatoes (if in season)
1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
2 sweet plantains, sliced in ¼ inch
1 tbsp of coconut oil
1 tsp salt
1 tablespoon of lemon (or juice from ½ a lemon)
1 tsp of turmeric powder
1 tsp of salt
- In a bowl, massage chopped kale with extra virgin olive oil for 2 – 4 minutes (to soften bitter taste).
- Heat coconut oil on low medium heat in a frying pan and add slices of plantains. Fry until each piece is golden brown and cooked through, flipping each side a few times.
- Place cooked sweet plantains in a plate covered with a paper towel to absorb the excess oil.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, turmeric powder, and salt together.
- Add & massage vinaigrette into the kale for a few seconds. Add chopped onion and tomatoes, mix together.
- Add the fried sweet plantains on top of the salad.
- Serve and enjoy!
- We recommend serving and enjoying this recipe soon after preparing it because fried sweet plantains loose its softness when refrigated.