Baked Vegan Pastelitos
Baked Vegan PastelitosCourse: Appetizers
2 tablespoons of olive oil
½ cup of red pepper, diced
½ cup of kale, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon of cilantro, finely chopped
1 small potato, diced
1 teaspoon of salt, or to taste
1 small red or white onion, diced
1 clove of garlic, crushed or diced
1/4 teaspoon of pepper, or to taste
6 Pastry Dough Disk for Empanada, defrosted
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Heat the oil over low heat. Add the garlic and onion saute until the onions become translucent. Add in red pepper and then the potatoes. Cover and simmer over low heat until the potatoes are cooked (10 – 15 mins). Stir in the kale and cilantro.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cool to room temperature and reserve.
- Take one dough disk and paint the outside with 1 tsp of oil. Place a tablespoon of the vegetable filling in the center of each disk, fold over, and seal the border pressing it with a fork. Continue to follow these same instructions for each dough disk.
- Place pastelitos in a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes or until they are golden brown on each side.
- Let cool before serving.